Wright v.s. haggie,roberts and other ministers?

what makes Rev. Wrights comments about 911 worse than the other preachers comments? some of these other preachers have also gone as far as saying that Hurricane Katrina happened because of gays. Show me one of these preachers that have clean hands.

P.S.

All of the white preachers are behind McCain, but the media softens his blows.

first of all I did not mean ALL white preachers, just these handful that have also critized america... and I am not blind... barack did not attend any church of fahrakahn but he was told to denounce him too. did anyone ever think that barack may have been too busy to attend church EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY? for goodness sake people you're making him out to be a fallen saint when he's only a man.

Favorite Answer

There is a long standing double standard of what white preachers can say and what black preachers can. Bill Moyers said it best.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/05022008/transcr...

• Tim M

Preachers are always smacked down when they say ignorant things. It's Wright's turn for his well-deserved smackdown.

I remember the one about Katrina being God's punishment against gays... you wonder how some of these preachers can even feed themselves.

And obviously not all white preachers are for McCain. I don't know why you'd say that.

• RY

Because a name is on the Church roll for twenty years does not mean the person was actually in Church for twenty years. My name is still on my Church's roll, but I have been unable to attend for two years. I am caring for my sick mother.

None of us know how often Obama attended church during those twenty years and it is not our business.

Hypocrites

Its not the fact that the preachers just said these things, its the fact that obama has called wright is spiritual mentor, he has had a personal relationship with him for 30 years. Mccain hasnt sought the advice or guidance of hagee nor did he appoint him to a panel in his campaign, the difference is real and should be contrasted. its not that one preacher's comments are worse than any others, its the circumstances with the candidates that make it important.

• What makes the issue more applicable to B. Hussein Obama than it does to any of the other candidates is that Mr. 8 Ball was a member of the congregation of Rev. Wright's for 20 years.

I looked on John McCain and Hillary Clinton's campaign web site and could not find them touting the endorsement they received from a hate group. On the other hand, B. Hussein Obama proudly displayed the endorsement he received from the New Black Panther Party on his campaign web site for almost a year before taking it down. The New Black Panther Party is listed by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a racial hate group. I'm sure Obama was so proud of that endorsement.

• ?

they are not McCain's mentors nor does he belong to their churches. he did not write a book based on their teachings nor do they honor Farrakhan as a great mind and influence of the 21st century. Nor does McCain have a web page endorcing him by the KKK, there is a lot of differences and if you can see it then you are blind.

His comments were bad enough but he also had a presidential nominee sitting there for 20 years either agreeing with him or he was sound asleep for 20 years.

• Phil

There is a difference between someone supporting you, and you placing someone as a central part of your life.

• dsm

How about Billy Graham...his hands seem pretty clean...and patriotic.