is somewhere over the rainbow a good wedding song to walk down the aisle???

Its by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's...its hawaiian music..its got the same lyrics as the one in wizard of oz but a different tune! Im getting married outside underneath a big pretty willow tree and I was wondering if that song would be a good song to go down the aisle with! I dont like the traditional wedding march song..Im looking for something different...please help!

im not getting married in a church...its going to be an outside wedding!!

Favorite Answer

That song is very beautiful and it would be perfect for your wedding entrance. If you do want some more options though, try http://www.wedding-music-help.com/weddingprocessio... or even http://www.wedding-music-help.com/beachweddingmusi... since it is an outside wedding.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Its by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's...its hawaiian music..its got the same lyrics as the one in wizard of oz but a different tune! Im getting married outside underneath a big pretty willow tree and I was wondering if that song would be a good song to go down the aisle with! I dont like the...

Source(s): rainbow good wedding song walk aisle: https://shortly.im/GBehj

That version of the song is AMAZING! It is one of the most truly beautiful songs I've ever heard. It is a blend of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and "It's a Wonderful World".

And still, I wouldn't use it to come into the church. It would be a better first dance song.

• Amy B

My now sister-in-law walked down the aisle to a version of that song. (I honestly don't know who sang it - it sounded kind of reggae to me.) No one thought it was at all inappropriate. It's only 1 small part of your wedding, so if it makes you happy, then go for it - especially with the non-traditional wedding location you described.

This is my all time favourite song, and I would totally cry if someone had this as they walk down the aisle!!

It suits your wedding perfectly, since its an outdoor event ,and the song is cherry and hopeful and 100% dreamy.

I think that's a beautiful song! I love that version. It was used in Finding Forester...the oldish movie. I'd use it to go out on though (the recessional) Its a beautiful way to end.

I love that song!!!!! I think it would be lovely for you to walk down the aisle to!

I'm actually using that song for my father/daughter dance!

I think that would be a fantastic song. The tune makes all the difference. I love Iz! If you don't know this version, listen first before you answer.

It's your wedding. If that's your choice then go with it. However, there are sooo many songs to chose from. I personally don't see that as a very romantic song. I think your guests would be thinking about the movie, the characters, the storyline,etc..... instead of the wedding.

Lately it seems to be really popular. I'm not sure the Wizard of Oz association is as strong as another answerer suggested.

I personally wouldn't, because it's so popular, probably because of that one Drew Barrymore film. But otherwise I think it's a perfectly fine song.

good luck.