if im 16 and pregnant with a 21 year old do we have the right to be married without parents consent?

if i have a baby with a 21 year old do we have a right to be married in canada and if not in canada would it count in canada if we got married somewhere else where it is legal without out parents consent?

Favorite Answer

No, and your BOY FRIEND should be in Jail. He is child molester. Or your father should shoot his sorry...

I would.

Honestly, I do not know anything about Canadian law, but I doubt that getting pregnant gives anyone "the right to be married" anywhere.

If Canadian law is anything like U.S. law, minors do not have "the right" to anything until they turn 18 years old.

As far as I know, marriage is universally accepted. Meaning that if you got legally married in one country, you are legally married in every country. Provided that the person who performed the ceremony had the legal right to perform ceremonies in that country.

A little advice, if you are pregnant, don't get married based soley on that fact. It does not make a difference to the baby if his parents are married or not, they are still mommy and daddy.

im not sure id think it would be because if you go to england there drinking age is like 18 so if you went somewhere and got married it might still count but you might not want to do that , your parents might think he kid napped you or something , all in all the best thing to do is talk to your parents and if that dont work theres something you can do that a judge has to sign a paper saying you support your self and everything like that , i cant remember what its called though sorry .

I think you will need parent consent, and you might have to stay in Canada for a few years because in America thats considered rape...

thats a tough one it would depend on were you got married but i know in most places if you are under 16 u need parents consent

I think you have to have either parental consent or the court's consent if you're under 18.

Of course, the courts generally give consent if you're pregnant, so I guess you could.

• No, you don't.

I will say it's a good thing you aren't my daughter or the young man would be facing charges,

i dont know for sure and i'm guessing that ur parents dont know huh?

• yea

omg what is wrong with you? pregnant at 16!! ewwwwie!