I made a Top 5 Car List for myself. What do you think?

I am a highschool student about to graduate. My dad offered that he would get me a new car, because when buying a used car you get it about the same price. Here is my list of cars that I need to choose from- all considering gas mileage, safety, reliability, price, and of course STYLE. So... yes I did my research

1)Toyota Camry Hybrid (2009): I found nothing wrong with this car

2)Toyota Camry (2009): Very very safe car. Gas 33/34!!

3)Toyota Corolla (2009): Stylish. It's a Toyota which means quality

4)Scion tc(2009): Cheap and Sharp. What more can I ask?

5)Used 2005 Acura TL Sedan: GREAT RESELL VALUE. that is important for a teen

oops youre right about that. must have been thinking about the hybrid when i typed that

oh and oklatom, my question was "What do you think?"

I grew up with honda. My whole family owns honda. Time for new stuff

Favorite Answer

get the Scion tC TRD 4-cyl MT

Acura Tl is nice but 20-24K is a lot for a used car

hold off on hybrids, technology is getting better

and cheaper.

Source(s): ,,^._.^,,
  • hamn

Congratulations! graduation is a great time in your life, and its a perfect time to get a new car.

Personally, it hink you should go with the Toyota Camry. It's safe, reliable, stylish, and very good on gas.

My parents had one when i was growing up, and it lasted us 10 years, with no major problems whatsoever. Plus, you'll save a load of money on gas, you'd be suprised how smooth the ride is too!

The reason why i'd pick a camry over the corolla is becuase the corolla's interior seems a little cheesy to me, and the ride simply isn't as smooth, and as an adult in the new world, a bigger, more sophisticated sedan will give you a better reputation for your job then a smaller, more kid like car.

the second would be the Scion tC. It's simple, but classy, and it's easy to customize, but best of all, it comes packed with all these cool safety features. The only complaint i'd have with this car is the amount of cars that were lemon lawed due to sunroof, but other than the sunroof, the car is pretty nice

Get #2 off your list. The Camry is not a very good car, it has lazy handling, numb steering, rubbery shifting, and a squishy brake pedal. The Camry is also known to have transmission problems. In my opinion, the Camry is the lazy car shoppers choice. People that buy a car at the first dealer they stop at without comparing because they think it is reliable and no trouble. Replace #2 with a Ford Fusion (JD Power and Assoc. rated it to be more reliable than Camry), or a Chevrolet Malibu or Honda Accord. I know your trying to leave Honda, but it is just a better car in general.

Knock #3 off you list. The Corolla was redesigned, and definitely better, just not good enough to compare with the competition. The best car in the class is the Mazda3. The Mazda is very reliable, has an amazing resale value, as well as styling you would find in a $40,000 Sports Car.

The #5 Choice can be changed to the BMW 3-Series which has the best resale value in the class, plus it is safer.

Here are some other options to think about:

Ford Fusion

Used 2005 Infiniti G35

Chevrolet Malibu

Saturn Aura

Saturn Astra

Honda Accord

Mazda3

Mazda6

Ford Mustang

Used 2005-2006 BMW 3-Series

Good Luck

your obviously a girl so i dont really know what girls are into on average, but i dont suggest a hybrid, because theyre not as reliable. the camry is a bit pricey for a 1st car. the corolla is a great car guys or girls. the scion tc is actually a car i was looking at. very reliable, owned by toyota, and decent performance (if you get it in stick-shift). im not really into acuras, but its not bad. i dont suggest a 2005 model, because its probably been sitting on the lot for a while. id go with the scion or the corolla, it comes down to price, and little things that make you happy, like radio, seats, and other stuff. good luck with finding your car!

Source(s): all online vehicle websites

"he would get me a new car, because when buying a used car you get it about the same price"

That statement can't be further from reality.

A 2008 Camry LE 4 cyl. w/auto starts at $21,735.00

A used 2006 Camry LE 4 Cyl with 24k miles and 1 year left on the factory warranty is only $15,500.00. A 29% drop in price. That's a savings of over $6200. The equivalent of your first semester tuition at College next year.

Buying a used car is the smartest thing you could ever do.

non hybrid toyota camry does NOT get 33/34. it gets around 21/29.

Honda Accord gets the best gas mileage in its class (midsize sedan).

Check out the Honda Civic.

If you're thinking about Acura TL, i'd say also check out the Acura TSX. It looks similar to the TL, but sportier. It is also cheaper than the TL and gets better gas mileage.

If you're gonna get a Camry, get the Hybrid, but I'd highly suggest the Corolla, although it looks slightly the same as last year's, it is much better. Plus, 35 MPG is great, especially for a person who needs sportiness and fuel efficiency in one package.

Scion tC because thats what im gettin haha and u can always make those look better than most cars and Acura TL is good but there a bit 2 luxurious for me

Japaneese cars are the most safe and reliable cars out there! all of these are japanese. Personally the new body style of the camarys are sweet! Very nice and reliable. If you find a TL with low miles those are great as well. I like them all its your car your dession if you like bigger sedans the CAMERY if you like smaller cars the COROLLA, SCION, OR TL!

Hope you pick a good one.

Good Luck

i would go:

1)toyota corolla

2)toyota camry

3)toyota camry hybrid

4)acura tl sedan

5)scion tc

but yeah i think u should go with those if u like them that way