My son didn't pass the breathalyzer at prom, but he's innocent. What do we do now?
After he was denied access to prom that night, we took him to get a blood test at the local hospital (at his urging to prove his innocence). The blood test results came back normal, a 0.00 BAC (normal, no alcohol). He was not allowed into prom that night and also got a suspension from school and all social activities/sports etc as they thought he had been drinking.
This suspension goes on his school record as drinking alcohol at prom, a clear violation of policy, rules and the law. The principal at school will not lift the suspension from his record even with this 0.00 blood test result. My son can't get prom night back, but what can we do now to clear my son's record of this suspension, as well as clear his name?
Thank you for your thoughts ideas and advice.
1. Blood test was done 2 hours after breathalyzer test. (this is the point of contention by the principal)
2. Breathalyzer (Alco-Blow) tester only shows a color (green-orange-red). It's basically a pass/fail test, no number result. My son registered an orange four times. Other kids were receiving an orange result 2/3 times then finally getting a green light (green=nothing detected).
3. The Alco-Blow company told me me that the test needs a 2-5 minute reset after a false reading so as to be clear and ready for the next person to blow into the machine.
4. There was only 3 minutes between the time my son started being tested to the time the principal called me with the bab news.
5. Two kids in line, before my son, failed the test.