Anonymous

Racism before Martin Luther King Jr.?

OK, well I've been thinking about this for a while now. You know before the1960's there were severe racism and prejudice towards blacks, and "black bathrooms" and "white bathrooms" "balck schools" "white schools" , etc. I was wondering about the black and white bathrooms. People during that period of racism were mainly focusing on blacks-- America was black v. white. I want to know about the other minorities--Asian, Latino, Middle Eastern, etc. What about them? What bathroom would they go into duing this racist period? What schools would they have been in? My mom said they would be in whit bathrooms and white schools b/c there apperance was closer to being white, which I found to be hypocritical b/c those ethnicities are not white. It doesn't make any sense. Where so you think these minorities would go to--white bathrooms, white schools? What do you think?

Favorite Answer

What King was fighting was State sponsored racism. There were actual Laws that supported segregation. Each state has a right to pass it's own laws. It wasn't until Federally funded programs that states were benificaries did King made the Feds step in & force de-segregation of the south. He made the world see how govt. could support racism by its indifference. Racism is still here & we are constantly challenged by it.

i think of he could have been for it in terms of what it grew to become into meant to be, and against what it has grow to be. the unique theory in the back of it grew to become into to no longer have quotas (different than in government) or hire a much less-qualified individual because of the fact of their race. the belief grew to become into to amend hiring practices that excluded communities of folk with out stable reason (case in point, state squaddies had a top requirement that excluded maximum women, mutually as there is not any reason squaddies actual could be tall) and to suggestions hiring managers against prejudice. in many situations, it has grow to be a quota gadget, because of the fact trouble-free experience does not fare nicely in on the instant's worldwide.

well first of all latino is not a race the asian people were under coloreds so yah they had to sit in the back of the bus two

Good question, I never thought about that before.