Anonymous

Do blacks really like fried chicken and carp or is that just a stereotype?

Best Answer

I find that stereotype to be annoying. I've never met a person (aside from vegans) who doesn't like fried chicken.

• ?

Yes, it's a stereotype. I'm sure that some black people like fried chicken and some I'm sure don't. I'm white and I love fried chicken. I don't like carp, since I don't like fish.

Yes, I like fried chicken. However, the lowest i'll go is Catfish. I'll save carp intake for if we lose our normal food supply.

I'm black I like fried chicken but it's definitely not my favorite food and I absolutely detest carp.

Source(s): I'm black

I don't know why people think that blk people are the only one that eat chicken. I like chicken, but I don't worship it. I don't eat much fish, though. Excuse my ignorance, but what is a carp? Boy, people come with stereotypes about blks that I don't even know about. You guys should fill us in if you want us to live by them. One person told me that they didn't know that blk people ate mayo. Where the hell that one come from?

I don't like fried chicken....whats carp?

I had a black shipmate (U.S. Navy) who didn't like/play basketball, couldn't stand catfish, would never ask for fried chicken and ate very little when it was served in the mess hall, would only eat watermelon to be polite and then just a small piece, couldn't dance (said he had 'two left feet') and didn't 'sound black.' So much for a stereotype. Oh, and his last name was a Scot's name. We called him "Mac."

Um, I'm sure black people like fried chicken, as anyone could like fried chicken. I don't know what carp is?

It may look like stereotyping and it may be to some people. I love fried chicken. I also like collard greens as well as mustard greens, and I don't think I can be considered black.

A lot of people like those things, so it really shouldn't be a stereotype. I think that it started as a southern thing, but somehow got associated with black people.