shysherri asked in TravelCanadaVancouver · 1 decade ago

what to do on Vancouver island in June?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Vancouver Island is HUGE.....I've lived here my whole life and still haven't seen it all....

Victoria is the biggest city on the island...and it's a big tourist town.

Victoria:

Royal BC Museum

London Wax Museum

Butchart Gardens

Craigdarroch Castle

Abkahzi Gardens

Chinatown has lots of cool little shops to look in, and many great restaurants. Check out FanTan Alley-it's the most narrow alley in the world!!

Beacon Hill Park and the petting zoo (also has the tallest totem pole in the world!!!) And world famous soft ice cream, prepare to stand in a long line-up for one!!

Free live entertainment/artists along the Inner Harbour

Double decker city tour

Lots of nice beaches and lakes

Inner Harbour Ferry Ride

Walk along the break water

Take a kabuki cab ride around the city

Tour of the Legislative Buildings (can have lunch in their restaurant too)...

Up island:

Chemainus-cute little town, often have a play/musical in their theatre...known for the murals that are all over the place!

Duncan-known for it's totem poles! There's a culture centre that you can check out, but I can't remember what it's called....

Nanaimo-second biggest city on the island. From here you can take a ferry to Gabriola Island or Vancouver.

Parksville-has a super cool mini-golf, bumper boat, ect park.

**Cathedral Grove-totally AMAZZZZZZZZING place...filled with beautiful trees that are thousands of years old!

Coombs-has a store with goats on the roof! Plus my friends say that you can get some really yummy ice cream there!!

Tofino is world renown...people like to go surfing there! Beautiful beaches!!

You can go way further north, but sadly I haven't been so I can't really give you much info on it..

Then of course you could also check out the Gulf Islands! Salt Spring Island is the biggest (most populated/developed)....

Hope that helps!! Have a great trip!!

• John W
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Fishing, surfing, hiking, swimming, cave exploring, mountain climbing, biking, off-road driving, quad trails, hunting, sightseeing. It is a beautiful place and much larger than most people think it is. To drive from Victoria in the south to Port Hardy in the north is at least a 7 hour drive at 60 mph.

• Ed P
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

In Victoria lots of sightseeing Drive down to nanimo stop along the way Chemainus is famous for its murals. go hellobc for free travel guides

• 1 decade ago

There are millions of things you can do. One thing is to visit Buchart Gardens in Victoria and walk around downtown Victoria .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

party like its 1999

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.