Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Microsoft Word 2003; How do I make a dash? Not a hyphen, a long dash. Dumb, huh?


I'll do the alt thingy since I forgot to buy a map...

Update 2:


I did the alt 0151 thing —

and it changed them ALL - wonderful!

Update 3:

I had -- Word changed them to —

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You mean ̶

    not -

    copy and paste from the character map (start=>run=>charmap)


    Select the font Times New Roman in word

    Press Alt+0151

    You dont have to change font. Just try doing it in the textbox above (search for qeustions). It works like magic.

  • 1 decade ago

    in word click Insert >symbol you may find something

    in the character code box type in 2212 is a minus sign but is only suitable for upper case

    also in word help type in extended dash and it tells you how to format hyphens

    also Alt + 0151

  • 1 decade ago

    Go to the Character map. Various dashes are pictured. I use "3m dash." Highlight it and click on the cursor's location.

  • 4 years ago

    it is your brake pad caution straightforward. you have become low on brakes. i'd recommend getting an proprietor's guide interior the destiny. it is helpful at the same time as those abnormal symbols pop up. reliable success.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Wow! Thanks! I've already learned something today.....This is good. This is very good!

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Where am I?


    Um....Is it on the part of the keyboard where the #'s are?


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.