The Old Army?...What Are You Talking About?

I'm been in the Army for almost 2 years & when I hear an NCO say..."We could go back to the Old Army"..or something along those lines...he/she doesn't say what the old Army was like. Can someone please explain how the "Old Army" was.......AND I'm NOT talking about the Army back in... show more I'm been in the Army for almost 2 years & when I hear an NCO say..."We could go back to the Old Army"..or something along those lines...he/she doesn't say what the old Army was like.

Can someone please explain how the "Old Army" was.......AND I'm NOT talking about the Army back in the 70's or 80's..I'm talking about the time between the Iraq War('91) and the time The Army had NEW regulations to build on the New Army.

And please..no smart-a$$ remarks...I'm just asking a question...
Update: JJ: Nah...my 2 years in the Army I heard at least 6 NCOs say "Ya'll wanna go back to the Old Army..because we can!"

IDK....maybe the so called "Old Army" was more strict.....who knows?..But that's why I'm asking..*shrugs*
Update 2: Tom : Yeah you got a point there..but there's more to it then that.....maybe they mean that all throughout your time in service...even when you get to your unit..it's was like Basic. Nowadays the NCOs are easier on soldiers as you go from Basic to AIT to a Unit...but was it like that back then? And... show more Tom : Yeah you got a point there..but there's more to it then that.....maybe they mean that all throughout your time in service...even when you get to your unit..it's was like Basic.
Nowadays the NCOs are easier on soldiers as you go from Basic to AIT to a Unit...but was it like that back then?
And please..no comparisons about BCT now & then..
Update 3: Michael: What are you talking about?..I'm not complaining or crying about anything...just asking a question....
Tired of people thinking every NEW soldier under the NEW Army cries all the time over everything....there are SOME but not all...