? asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

關係代名詞where跟in which的疑惑

例句1:This is an interactive influence where a higher market need for eco-protection, the better the green products produced.

例句2:The first stage is a tutorial in which the essay and the topic are discussed with the tutor.

這兩句的in which=where這樣的文法概念我懂,但是很難判斷為何這邊會是where,

influence 跟 tutorial都不算是地方

請高手指示一下這邊的思考點

若根據這樣的想法,請再看下面的練習是否有問題

練習1: On the right side is the industrial area, where is on riverside and near two roads.

練習2: It is questionable to build the leisure center in the industrial area in which the air pollution may influence the quality of the center.

2 Answers

Rating
  • Kevin
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

版主您好:

[where]=[in which]這樣的公式雖然不能說錯, 但是也因此讓很多人的觀念走入死胡同.

首先, 介係詞不見得都要用[in]:

This is the very station at which I first met my wife.

You can put it under the table on which a tablecloth lies.

Just follow the direction to which the sword points.

and more ...

再者, [where]不見得都是"具體的地方", 也可以抽象的概念:

I am proud of the project where my staff have spent so much time and hard work.

You need to take good care of the situation where many people might get hurt if otherwise.

還有, [which]是關係代名詞沒錯, [where]卻是關係副詞. 雖然都是引導關係子句, 但是前者是關係子句裡的必要元件(主詞, 受詞, 或補語), 少了它, 子句是不完整的; 後者卻是關係子句裡的修飾語, 少了它, 子句結構還是完整的, 只是語意稍為不足.

This is an interactive influence where a higher market need for eco-protection, the better the green products produced.

雙方相互影響, 在這當中, 環保的市場需求愈高, 就會有更好的環保產品出現.

The first stage is a tutorial in which the essay and the topic are discussed with the tutor.

第一階段是個別/小組指導, 在這當中, 學生和指導者就論文及主題進行討論.

以上的翻譯, 在下故意把[where]的含意寫出. 在英文裡[where]是必要的連接詞, 而在中文裡, 即使不寫, 也無損於語意的表達; 但是雖然不寫, 其含意仍然存在.

根據這樣的想法,

On the right side is the industrial area, where is on riverside and near two roads. (X)

On the right side is the industrial area, which is on riverside and near two roads. (O)

右邊是工業區, 它位於河岸, 且臨近兩條道路.

It is questionable to build the leisure center in the industrial area in which the air pollution may influence the quality of the center. (O)

把休閒中心蓋在工業區可能會有問題, 在這(工業區)當中, 空氣的污染可能會影響休閒中心的品質.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

你厭倦往返補習班浪費的時間和體力嗎

你想在家裡躺在沙發,就可以上課嗎?

網路課程橫跨升學考試、教職考試、公職考試、執照考試、就業考試、語言進修等6大類50餘科,

超過500多門課程,為各界人士提供優質的線上教育服務。

自100年6月成立以來,使用會員在一年內就已突破3萬名,並培育出許多優秀的學員,

學員踴躍分享行動補習帶來的便利與效果,累積許多佳績見證。

免費試讀網址:

http://ad.mobchannels.com/redirect.phpk=b2d8a7d711...

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.