3 yr old scared of shower curtain??

me and my husband have been babysitting my friends son for 2 weeks since he has been in the hospital and he is acting little wierd every time i tryed to give him a bath the shower curtain scares him out of his skin he crys and screams even if we take the shower curtain and wrap it around the rod he still crys the... show more me and my husband have been babysitting my friends son for 2 weeks since he has been in the hospital and he is acting little wierd every time i tryed to give him a bath the shower curtain scares him out of his skin he crys and screams even if we take the shower curtain and wrap it around the rod he still crys the only way he will be ok if we take the whole curtain and rod down and he wont even go use the bathroom without me picking him and and putting him on the toliet without crying about the shower curtain. I ask him whats wrong but he wont tell me he just keep saying i scared, i hate to see him cry while taking a bath and using the bathroom. I hold him when he is crying and tell him everything will be alright and i have even fought the shower curtain to show him it cant do anything but it dont change anything. what could have happen to him? how can i help him? and another thing he pooped in the bathtub the other day while i was giving him a bath and he has never dont that?
Update: and another thing he does not like being naked in front of anybody unless your giving him a bath and he wont run around in his underwear for nothing because one day when i could not find his pants he staring crying cause he wanted his pants.