Martial arts practice - sore knees - Any suggestion?.?

A lot of martial arts stances are pretty low. It makes the ligaments/tendons/muscles above my kneecaps really sore. Are there anyway to recover faster? PS: I tried seated leg curls, which works the hamstrings, and it does make the soreness go away, but I'm wondering if this is good for my knees in the... show more A lot of martial arts stances are pretty low. It makes the ligaments/tendons/muscles above my kneecaps really sore.
Are there anyway to recover faster?

PS: I tried seated leg curls, which works the hamstrings, and it does make the soreness go away, but I'm wondering if this is good for my knees in the long run.

Thanks for the answers
Update: oops sorry,
seated leg curls work the quads.
But i'm wondering if working the quads further when the knees are sore is actually gonna damage it more.
Update 2: Thanks for your correction Reader. Yes, seated leg extension works the quads. Great sets of answers guys. Supplements (I'm not a supplements kinda guy), lose weight (but I'm only 70kg), strengthening the muscles around the knees (thanks for the confirmation), warming up the joints... skipping ropes... show more Thanks for your correction Reader.
Yes, seated leg extension works the quads.

Great sets of answers guys.
Supplements (I'm not a supplements kinda guy), lose weight (but I'm only 70kg), strengthening the muscles around the knees (thanks for the confirmation), warming up the joints... skipping ropes (hmm... now I understand why my senior skips ropes), Low inpact exercise (great idea), lunges (I always thought that's just to initially build up the strength, not to warm up..., now I have to get back to the basics).