Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Isn't North Carolina full of retired New Yorkers?

It seems to me that those voters would be tailor made for Hillary. Is the media saying that N.C. is Obama's to lose simply because there is a large black population there?

Favorite Answer

North Carolina has become totally schizoid. There are a lot of former Yankees eating BBQ tofu down there in them hills.

What can you say about a State that can elect John Edwards and Jesse Helms at the same time?

There are enough San Francisco types around Asheville and in the Triangle to combine with the blacks to pull Obama over the top - but ONLY in the Democratic PRIMARY.

And NOT by much.

The State will stay nice and RED in the general.

None of Obama's wins in the South mean didley squat.

He's too far left for the conservative Blue Dog Democrats who will desert the party yet again.

The last time they voted Democrat was in 1976 for Carter and they learned their lesson well.

Hm, well I live in North Carolina and there ARE tons of northern people. I myself am from Connecticut. But I think that the population of retired New Yorkers is definitely smaller than the population of blacks.

Source(s): I live in NC

Yep, very large population of blacks in North and South Carolina. There would have been more in Georgia, but Sherman tore up the bridges going in and left them on the other side.

• clutts

finished of Fundies and rednecks. i became into getting nasty e-mails from a "Christian female" in North Carolina for weeks. I had to threaten to call the police in the previous she could quit. If that became into North Carolina's Welcome Wagon, i will never set foot there.

I don't know about "full"... I haven't seen any stats. Lots of northerners move to warmer states for retirement. Blacks make up a big section of the Dem rolls in N.Carolina.

REPORT THE LIST OF LIES, IT'S SPAM