Do you buy nothing but educational toys for your child?

What type of toys do you buy for your child? Toys for kids to be kids and enjoy their childhood, or do you ONLY buy toys that are purely educational? What are the pro's and con's for your decision? What about toys (fun and playful vs just educational) for an 8 month old vs. a 2 yr old? I've always... show more What type of toys do you buy for your child? Toys for kids to be kids and enjoy their childhood, or do you ONLY buy toys that are purely educational? What are the pro's and con's for your decision? What about toys (fun and playful vs just educational) for an 8 month old vs. a 2 yr old? I've always bought both - toys that are educational and teach a purpose like animal sounds, abc's, 123's or whatever... as well as toys that are just toys... like bubbles, or balls, or a slide or cars...

All different thoughts and responses are welcome! Thank you!!
Update: Thanks! All answers were GREAT. I totally agree that all toys are educational! I initially asked this question because my sister has an 8 mo old & I asked if she wanted some of the toys that my son grew out of (he's 2) and she said no to ALL of them; she didn't want any toys that weren't... show more Thanks! All answers were GREAT. I totally agree that all toys are educational! I initially asked this question because my sister has an 8 mo old & I asked if she wanted some of the toys that my son grew out of (he's 2) and she said no to ALL of them; she didn't want any toys that weren't "educational" for her son. That just got me to thinking what was so wrong with toys just being toys to play with and have fun, so I had to ask all of you. I mean a kids gotta be a kid and have fun; it's not all about book learning and being smart. I'm not saying my son doesn't have a caterpillar or a bus singing the abc's or toy's teaching animals and their sounds... he's got tons of "educational" toys. But his fav ones are cardboard brick blocks, wooden blocks, lego's, trucks, tractors, bubbles, cars, sandbox & watertable. And I just wondered if I was spoiling him with having a variety of toys to play with. Or making the wrong choice by having fun toys just to be silly and a kid...