justin h asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

Help! I have a schwinn 17 function bike computer that stopped tracking speed (only shows 0.0 mph when riding).

Best Answer

Yah the same thing happened to me the magnet and the receptor should be about one milimeter apart, not until they touch but not to far away. MIne was to far away and it showed 0 and then i just adjusted it.

Source(s): have the same thing

Is this a wireless unit? If so,the pickup battery or the receiver battery may be weak or dead. Or try moving the pickup (and magnet) closer to the receiver, i.e. higher up the fork.

If it's not wireless, there are three possibilities here. Has the magnet or the pickup moved? The magnet needs to pass withing a mm or so of the pickup when the wheel spins. Hope for this possibility.

Make sure the speedometer unit is fully and properly attached to the bracket, so the metal contacts on the back are properly connected. It should click into position with a positive feel.

Otherwise, it's likely that the wire from the pickup to the speedometer bracket is broken. That's a lot more work to fix.

motorbike computers for mountain cycling might nicely be a venture while you're rather using off street. Any fall or bump into with an impediment on the course can effect in injury to your laptop, it is not important relating to the form. I smashed maximum of computers using on the paths that I gave up employing one on my mountain motorbike. I now in basic terms use one on the line

chek the magnet on the wheel or the receptor. if u bump them they dont line up and it won't read