Ivonne asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

SERTRALINE-- the Zoloft generic?

I wanted to order Zoloft but at $90.00 for 30 pills (even with insurance) I am going to have to get its generic version. The generic is only 10.00 and it is called SERTRALINE. Has anyone taken this? Is it effective or do I have to take double doses for it to work? I hate generics but right now I cannot afford the real thing.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Gilly
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the generic is exactly the same thing. i take it and no you do not need to dbl the dose or anything for it to work. its the exact same as Zoloft i promise. you won't notice any differences

• Login to reply the answers
  • I've taken the generic since they started making the generic. I have done fine with the generic Zoloft. I've also taken it since it was first released, many years ago. I've not found any need to double the dose of the generic.

• Erin
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

OMG. Don't take "double doses."

Both brands need to be taken under the supervision of a physician. You should be fine with the generic, just make sure it wasn't manufactured somewhere like China (remember the recent heparin scare)

Source(s): physician
  • jodie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes I did a few years ago. For me it worked just like the real thing. I think it might even be one of those $4 scripts at Walmart. Good Luck

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its the same thing as zoloft and should be taken as prescribed...no need to increase the dose just because it's generic.

• 1 decade ago

Fcuk you.

• 1 decade ago

I have and its the same thing, usually generics are the same thing just without the brand name. Kinda like if you buy nikes, and adidas.. they are both good quaility shoes... nikes just sale better cause of better marketing not necessarily quality! I have taken them both and they are equally effective!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Okay...ignore that first answer.

Umm...I'd try it but if you experiance problems then don't take it. But it might work. I took Zoloft a year ago. I have OCD and it never worked for me.

Good luck....and good luck if you have OCD...(just guessing)

:-)

• MARY S
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

it ll give ya a LIFT

A LIFT from ZOLOFT is a lift on line, on time, on a dime, mighty fine, ring that chime, for you i pine....dunt dine...without rhine wine und let that zoloft lift...like pan am.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.