Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

cbsb asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Has anyone ever used a discount dental plan?

I need some dental work done and recieved a quote from a dentist that was $10,000.00 or more. She quoted me approximately $1000.00 or more per tooth I found this web site that has the dentist I used as a partisipant of many discount dental plans. The cost with the discount would be from $470-$650 per tooth.

http://www.dentalplans.com/

If you put zip 64063 it will show all the plans and their prices. Ok now my question. If you have used any of these plans has your dentist honored the discounted price? Was it worth the money you paid? Should I join and ask the dentist that gave the quote to give me a new estimate or just find another Dentist that will honor those prices?

Favorite Answer

I have used discount plans before and the dentist must honor the plan amount listed. It is well worth the money you pay for the plan, you should join and use a dentist listed on the plan and get another full exam.

Yes, I have had this plan for over 3 years. I would encourage you to visit this website. www.healthsavings.ourperfectcard.com I signed up online about 3 years ago now and they have saved me thousands throughout the years. From Root canals, exams, extractions, cosmetic surgery and orthodontist. All services are included in this very affordable plan. They even had my benefits active in 2 hours and able to use it the same day. Good Luck and Hope this helps.

Do you have a dental school near by? My brother didn't have dental insurance and took his kids to a dental school. They have a dentist watching over what is being done.