Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 decade ago

ACH says: US TREASURY 220 TAX REFUND PPD ID?

If you had your original refund direct deposited, check the ACH notation.

If it says: "US TREASURY 220 TAX REFUND PPD ID" or something very, very similar, then your refund came directly from the IRS and did not detour through a preparer's bank account. This means you would be eligible for a direct deposit of your rebate check.

If it says "SBBT" or "Refunds Now" or anything else, you will only get the rebate as a paper check.

Hats off to Judy for pointing this out!

• Clare
    Favorite Answer

Thanks for posting this! Not that I really expect fewer questions about it, but one can always hope! ;)

I am confused. My bank website shows an entry of "Electronic Deposit Us Treasury 220", but it says $104 instead of 1200. Is this the rebate stimulus or maybe tax i might have overpaid?

It goes by your tax liability. If you only got $300 that means your tax liability was $0-$300. If your liability was $600+ then you would've gotten the full max amount.

• ABC123

Thanks. Good point. I was already pretty sure I was going to get direct deposit, but I went back and checked it out anyway, and thats just what it says in my bank account.

Mine Says "Terminal: ACH-FED " What does that mean?