Receiving letter of debt collection?

Hi Friends, I have been receiving letters from diff. debt collection agencies. I never had these all debts in my life. i have reported some of them but since April 2007, law has been changed and now police can not report this issue as a crime and can not issue Crime Reference Number. I wrote back to collection... show more Hi Friends,
I have been receiving letters from diff. debt collection agencies. I never had these all debts in my life. i have reported some of them but since April 2007, law has been changed and now police can not report this issue as a crime and can not issue Crime Reference Number. I wrote back to collection agency, but they do not want to know this and forcing me to get Crime reference number. What the hell do i do now?? can i turn back and take them to court and make them to pay me compensation as i have got more than required proof that i am not the person they look for????? If police has changed law, how come they are not aware, why i can not find any informtion on internet???
Thanks
4 answers 4