Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens Β· 1 decade ago

I love to hear about what I can't remember! What nights were the TV shows on?

Dragnet, Death Valley Days, Gunsmoke, Ed Sullivan, Ozzie and Harriot, Twilight Zone, Oh I can't remember the others! Jackie Gleason.......Lassie. Why was Lucy on everyday in my mind? Car 54? Oh the Lebanese guy? What was that called? Oh, I feel so old that I can't remember what was an everday thing when I was 10!

Every night had certain shows, what were they?

Oh my GOD! I forgot all those! Thank you! I can't remember Cobat what was that?

Oh, Skyking Saturday morning and Palidan was when?

Favorite Answer

(1)Dragnet was on Friday nights

(2)Ozzie & Harriet was on during a weeknight not sure which one

(3)Death Valley Days was on Saturday mornings

(4)Gunsmoke was on late Saturday nights (10:00 p.m.)

(5)Ed Sullivan was on early Sunday nights (8:00 p.m.)

(6)Jackie Gleason was on Saturday nights

(7)Lassie was on early Sunday nights (7:00 p.m.)

(8)Car 54 was on Sunday nights

(9)Twilight Zone was on Friday nights ?

(10) I Love Lucy was on Monday nights at 9:00 p.m. (debuted on 10/15/51)

(11)Make Room For Daddy was on Monday nights

I'm going by memory on the night of the week on a few of these shows, so there may be some errors, but I feel I'm close.

**Is the Lebanese man you're referring to, Danny Thomas?**

Dragnet - Friday

Death Valley Days - Saturday ?

Gunsmoke -Sunday

Ed Sullivan -Sunday

Ozzie and Harriet - Mon or Tues.

Twilight Zone- Friday

Jackie Gleason- Saturday

Lassie- Sunday

Car 54 - Thursday

Danny Thomas is who your thinking of

Re-reading the other poster is right. Car 54 was on Sunday .

My Mother the Car was on Thursday.

Its in your mind that Lucy was on everyday because the re-runs ran longer than the show did. The re runs were on every day.

• Gladys

Well, Sunday night was the big night we all watched TV. If I remember correctly, it was Lassie, Ed Sullivan, G.E. Theatre on the Columbia Broadcast network (CBS). Over on the National (NBC) it was the Dinah Shore Chevy Showcase and The Loretta Young Show. On the American (ABC) it was Western night with Colt 45, Maverick, The Lawman, and maybe Rawhide.

Then, early in the week we would sometimes watch Father Knows Best, The Danny Thomas Show, Ann Sothern Show on Monday nights. Dobbie Gillis, Red Skeleton and Garry Moore on Tuesday nights. I think Wagon Train and Ozzie & Harriet were mid-week. At the end of the week was the Donna Reed Show, Bachlor Father, Pat Boone, The Real McCoys, Walt Disney, and 77 Sunset Strip.

I think there were some game shows like To Tell the Truth, You Bet Your Life, This is Your Life, and The Price is Right that came on during the evenings too that we watched.

I'm forgetting the nights of other shows like Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The Untouchables, Wyatt Earp, The Jack Benny Show, and Fibber McGee & Molly.

• The show with the Lebanese guy was MASH. He was a character named Klinger. At first he thought he could avoid getting drafted by wearing women's clothes. However, we found out too many others had tried that.

When Major Potter came he started wearing his fatigues, and dating a girl.

In After Mash he married her and worked in the same place as Trapper John.

I think it was on either Monday or Wednesday at 8:00 pm. If in doubt check the newspapers from that time period. The Sunday papers they even microfilmed the television section!

Her name was Christine Cagney on Cagney and Lacy. There's also James Cagney. I don't think Cagney is good for a first name, the kids will make fun and call your child Gag-me.

Wow I can't remember either but how about Red Skelton-Clem Kadiddle Hopper ha ha Freddie the Free Loader. I am not into tv any more but there were some great ones then. I'll be watching the answers you get.

Car 59 Where Are You? Wow i loved that! and Lou Grant! Wonder if its possible to get some of these series in dvd format?

Sorry i cant help you with the nights they were on!

Some of the shows on radio stick in my mind....especially Sunday with Family Favourites and Billy Cotton(the smell of the Sunday roast still reminds me of them).

• Windy

I watched them all, but can't remember what night they were on, but- I think Dragnet was on every Friday night.

Or maybe I'm just confused because of-- Joe Friday.

• Kaye B

Leave it 2 beaver, Johnny Carson. I'm from Aussie in those times we got a lot of American old classics.