How can I get rid of the lactic acid build up in my legs?

Yesterday I ran the mile and now my legs are very sore. I was told by numerous people that its (probably) a lactic acid build up. How can I get rid of this?

I know salts in a bath but, we don't have any and i tried it before and didn't notice much of a result.

For some reason I thought walking was helpful! Glad to know it helped and not made it worse.

And I can walk normal just a little soreness.

Favorite Answer

Drinking plenty of water is the best way to flush your system after your workout. And keep moving - even though you're sore, keep walking - that'll help too!

I hope that helps! Keep up the good running!

Biofreeze. Get it at most drug stores. I'm a rower and my legs always feel sore because of the lactic acid buildup, and this feeling in your legs is just the feeling of your muscles working hard

Source(s): me

well im in track and field and our coach says to do a 10 min cool down after each run to get rid of the lactic acid... i hope this helps

Stretch. Your muscles will loosen up and release some of the acid. The rest will go away on its own in a day or so.

try messaging ur legs that what coach tells us to do

are they sore like u cant walk normally? (it was only a mile so i hope not)

anyway if they hurt that bad put some bio-freeze on um

lactic acid is a natural response to muscle exertion....stretch and soak and suck it up : )

try a massage

• Elaine

Do yoga.