Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesOther - Arts & Humanities · 1 decade ago

Where do famous people's quotes come from?

Do they have personal secretaries following them with pen and paper jotting down anything witty they might say? Or do they write their quips down themselves later at home? How is the authenticity of a quote made? I met a famous person once. Can I now "quote" him by writing whatever I want and attributing it to him?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

im sure they have people

• 1 decade ago

Most people would not care what a famous person has to say unless they say something of substance, clever, witty, or express a universal truth. Famous people are in the public eye, so if they write or say something in a book or speech that is worthwhile, it is more likely to become memorable than if a non-celebrated person were to say it. Some people are famous because they have said something worth quoting, and in some cases, they may not be remembered for any other reason. The famous quotes of many politicians and actors were actually written by speech writers or screen writers, or authors who wrote the original book or play from which a movie evolved. The standard reference book for quotations is "Bartlett's Familiar Quotations." The editors of Bartletts would have made an effort to authenticate the quote, or at leat attribute it to the presumed speaker.

• TQOP
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Hi, famous quotes also come from the Bible. For example: "Let your yes mean yes, and your no mean no." Famous quotes come from deep thinkers, and not just anybody. So if the person is a writer or a deep thinker I think you should let them quote it.

Source(s): AuthorHouse.com Poet: Tiffany Lynn Peppers Book: Poetry of Tomorrow
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

In Genesis 3:19, the King James Authorised Bible says: "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. " This is probably the original source of your words.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Usually nice long speeches

• bow
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

famous people

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah famous people, duhh

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

uasully their nice long speeches

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

BRAIN POWER, STRESS, LIFE, LOVE, PAIN, HAPPINESS

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.