Will the American Automakers survive?

I think they will.

Favorite Answer

The American car manufacturers almost destroyed themselves. They got so production numbers were more important then quality. They have made great strides in fixing this lately, but is it to late? There have been lots of terrible decisions made also. GM could of bought Toyota for almost nothing and didn't. Now Toyota is taking over as the number one automaker. Are American cars built well now? Yes. Will the American automakers survive? Yes but not as we know them now. Health care, gas prices and the American economy is taking its toll. GM is laying off thousand of truck plant employess due to lack of demand (gas guzzlers) I think a merger of at least two of them will take place in the next 5 years.

Source(s): 30 years working for GM

Better question would be....Who Cares? Don't get me wrong because I love my Chevy's, Pontiac's, Jeeps and Dodges but they prices are insane and other than the new Dodge's, the warranties are a joke. The big "3" have been putting it to the consumer long enough, so if the go away that's fine, someone else will take their place.

• C7S

Yes they will, but they will never be the best.

"No,they blow"

don't get me wrong,"America Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!"(they just don't make good cars though)

Japense cars will take over.

.

FORD