Drop A.J. Burnett or Oliver Perez?

I have to drop one of them to pick up Scherzer.

Who do you think I should drop?

Best Answer

As a Blue Jay fan, I watch Burnett a lot, almost every start. He has amazing stuff though had never found a way to stay healthy over a full season.

Take this into consideration: Burnett could opt out after his 2008 season. With the way the market is for pitchers, he will most likely want to pitch 200 innings and post up great numbers so he could opt out and get himself a big contract. Burnett wehn healthy is amazing, look at what he did last year when he came off the DL. He was lights out. 176 K's in 165 innings in 2007. I think he has a higher ceiling tha Oliver Perez. Its just Toronto's offsense has been horrible lately, so wins might be hard to come by.

Burnett is probably one of the most overrated SPs in fantasy, mainly because of strikeouts. Not only is he injury-prone but he's also a mere 3 games over .500 for his career. And Perez is even worse with a sub-.500 career record to go along with an ERA around 4.4 and a WHIP of over 1.4.

You'd be better off dropping both and adding Scherzer and a good pitcher but if you need Ks hang onto Burnett.

Oliver Perez. Good question though because the Blue Jays aren't going anywhere, Burnett is always injured and the relievers can't close out his games.

O perez. Too many walks..too inconsistent.

if you NEED to, drop Perez.