Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

The death of jesus?

i believe that jesus was a person who was on the side of the poor, sick, sinners, women and societies rejects, and a voice against the rulers of his day which made him a revolutionary against the rule of Rome and for that he was exected.

However dont you think that to believe that his father who was god had jesus executed on a cross makes god a cruel deity?

I am strongly opposed to the death penalty , and while i respect jesus for his compassion why should i respect god who sent jesus to die on a cross?

ex muslim girl

Update:

muhommad

thats why i am intelligent than you. i use my brain to think unlike you

Update 2:

beena

Quran is a load of rubbish

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No I don't think it was cruel because God made a sacrafice for our souls by allowing Jesus to suffer and die on the cross. Jesus chose to do this for his people so that after our earthly death we can join him in paradise. Besides Jesus didn't really die, he rose from the dead to prove there is a life after death. If his death was really the end of his life it would have been unspeakable for God to have allowed his son to die on the cross.

Source(s): Faith and the Bible
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If you respect Jesus for His compassion then I can only suggest that you read through the gospels from Mathew, Mark, Luke and John and see that God so loved us that while we were yet sinners heading for hell, He sent Jesus to die in our place so that we don't take the punishment that is due to us.

And in any case Jesus is not still dead, He rose from the dead hence He lives and you can have a personal relationship with Him, believe me it will be the most exciting thing you have ever done in your life. I know, because I have been a christian for 24 years and I'm not looking back, I'm going on with Jesus.

• You shouldn't, there is no god. Jesus was acting under the delusion that he was the son of god, nothing more. To quote Havelock Ellis:

"The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the absence from Jerusalem of a lunatic asylum."

Of course, this all assumes that Jesus even existed. From Bruno Bauer onwards the case that Jesus is a mythical creation about which tales were told to illustrate a religious outlook has been well put.

Then the question becomes, what earth were early Christians trying to get across with a tale of the tortured son of god? How did they view their "loving" god?!

• 1 decade ago

The Romans killed Jesus, not for the ideas he espoused, but because he claimed to be the son of God. This was considered sacreligious. So, God sent Jesus to live, the people on Earth told Jesus to renounce that he was the son of God, and he refused. While you could say that an all-knowing God would know that Jesus would die, you cannot really say that God sent Jesus to die.

Also, Jesus' dying allowed people to get to Heaven, until then all those who died were just waiting in Purgatory.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There must be shedding of blood for forgiveness. Humanity is under condemnation for sinning against God. Jesus's Blood had to be shed for the forgiveness of sins. There is no other way that will be acceptable by God.

You oppose the death penalty? So you would let vicious rapists, murderers and pedophiles walk free after a couple of years of prison time so that they can go out and destroy more peaceful lives? What if one of these men were able to have their way with one of your family memebers? Would you want them to live after they ruined your family member's life?

• 1 decade ago

God had no choice for the redemption and salvation of mankind, as the sacrificial system of the Temple of Jerusalem was limited both geographically and ethnically. So after Christ altars were built to the Lord in the lands of the gentiles, and my Church was part of this in prophetic fulfilment of Isaiah 19:19 that an altar would be erected to the Lord in Egypt, and blessed shall be Egypt my people and a column shall exist as a testimony to my name at the end of the land (Built in ALexandria!)

• 1 decade ago

Jesus being the sinless One did not suffer the judgments of His Father for Himself but He bore the punishment for the sins of all mankind upon Himself. It is the grace and love of God to make the second Person of the Godhead His son to suffer personally the judgements for all our sins so that we all can be redeemed from our sins and have eternal life. Jesus paid the price so that we do not have to pay the price for without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

We have to ask God Himself when we come before Him in heaven why He had to make the rule the requires His Son to suffer death and punishment for us. It is beyond our human comprehension! So we thank God for His abundant grace and love for us. God bless you.

• 1 decade ago

i think your line of thought is not bad at all, and i do agree with you when you say that if this is so it means that god is a cruel deity. see, it is so sad to see so many people worshiping this cruel deity in such a fanatic way, people woulddo anything for this god... most of them are so brainwashed into believing that what they are told os the one and only truth and that they have to make everyone else believe like them... it is wrong. i admire more people that believe whatever they want in their heart and in the most peaceful manner without their beliefs interfering with other human relations.

• 1 decade ago

God is not cruel. He is a just God. He sacrificed his son for our sins yes, but he also brought him back to life. Jesus is coming again. Be patient. Look how long he has been waiting. He is waiting for more people to accept him as their Lord and Savior. God is an awesome God.

• 1 decade ago

Jesus didn't die on the cross. If you read the bible carefully and understand what was said then you realize that he didn't die and it was a set up to get him out of the picture. I'm not sure his plans came about as he had planned it, but he didn't die on the cross, or stick if you are JW.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.