Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

cheap gun that uses .22 CCI?

i found out that my local gun shop sells 50 rnds of .22 CCI for $4 which i think is pretty dam cheap, so what beginner gun for shooting ranges would u recommend that uses that ammo

Favorite Answer

Marlin 22 rifles eather a Model 795 or Model 60 are good starters. Price starts New $150.00 + or - used $80 and up depends on Brand, store, state, ect.. . The .22 ammo is cheep in just about any brand not just CCI. Im in Seattle and .22 ammo 50rds start around $3 . Bulk ammo 500rds alot better price and last a long time.

I own a marlen .22 I have had for 15years and have put over 20,000rds thru it and still shoots like new

Also if you have never shot befor even thow its only a .22 I would still recommend takeing a small gun safty class. You can find the classes from free to about $20 for starters.

If you dont do a class make shore that the gun shop shows you how to use it. You will also need a .22 rifel cleaning kit they start $15

You can also use nearly any .22 revolver. A longer barrel will make sighting easier. There are a great many of those available and are also fun to shoot. Most revolvers will shoot any ammo. I have only found one brand/type that doesn't work very well and that is is Remington Thunderbolts. They seem to foul up just about any gun. CCI makes some very good rounds for the money. I highly recommend them often.

Personally I would go with a Ruger 10/22. I bought mine at a rummage sale for $100. If I found one at that price again I wouldn't even hesitate to snap it up. I buy bulk 22 rounds in boxes of 500 or 550 for between 10 and 15 bucks.

i have built many percession .22lr's and the one i've had the most luck with is the ruger 10/22 there are so many aftermarket parts for them the possiblities are endless bone stock one will run you about $200 but its worth it