Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

cheap gun that uses .22 CCI?

i found out that my local gun shop sells 50 rnds of .22 CCI for $4 which i think is pretty dam cheap, so what beginner gun for shooting ranges would u recommend that uses that ammo

Favorite Answer

Marlin 22 rifles eather a Model 795 or Model 60 are good starters. Price starts New $150.00 + or - used $80 and up depends on Brand, store, state, ect.. . The .22 ammo is cheep in just about any brand not just CCI. Im in Seattle and .22 ammo 50rds start around $3 . Bulk ammo 500rds alot better price and last a long time.

I own a marlen .22 I have had for 15years and have put over 20,000rds thru it and still shoots like new

Also if you have never shot befor even thow its only a .22 I would still recommend takeing a small gun safty class. You can find the classes from free to about $20 for starters.

If you dont do a class make shore that the gun shop shows you how to use it. You will also need a .22 rifel cleaning kit they start $15

You can also use nearly any .22 revolver. A longer barrel will make sighting easier. There are a great many of those available and are also fun to shoot. Most revolvers will shoot any ammo. I have only found one brand/type that doesn't work very well and that is is Remington Thunderbolts. They seem to foul up just about any gun. CCI makes some very good rounds for the money. I highly recommend them often.

Personally I would go with a Ruger 10/22. I bought mine at a rummage sale for $100. If I found one at that price again I wouldn't even hesitate to snap it up. I buy bulk 22 rounds in boxes of 500 or 550 for between 10 and 15 bucks.

i have built many percession .22lr's and the one i've had the most luck with is the ruger 10/22 there are so many aftermarket parts for them the possiblities are endless bone stock one will run you about $200 but its worth it