Jehovah’s Witnesses: have you ever missed a meeting because you thought it was the wrong day?

At least once, I missed a meeting because I thought it was Friday, not Thursday. Other things I’ve been guilty of: misplacing literature, bringing the wrong stuff to meetings, forgetting my song book, and so forth. At one assembly a speaker gave the wrong talk. It was a very good talk, by the way. I also know... show more At least once, I missed a meeting because I thought it was Friday, not Thursday. Other things I’ve been guilty of: misplacing literature, bringing the wrong stuff to meetings, forgetting my song book, and so forth. At one assembly a speaker gave the wrong talk. It was a very good talk, by the way. I also know a sister who was appointed a regular pioneer even before she was baptized. This was in the old days when things weren’t as shipshape as they are now. In one life story, a former circuit overseer’s wife admitted she didn’t understand why some Witnesses didn’t bring the right stuff to meetings or forgot their song books until she retired from circuit work to take care of an elderly sick relative. She worked hard to be a caretaker and then sometimes forgot to bring the right things to meetings herself. That is when she understood how tired imperfection can work for us.