Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 1 decade ago

Japan gym uniform??

I see animes and the girls were like this bikini type bottoms for gym....do they actually were those in japan??

just curious,cuz why dont they just were shorts

Please and thank you =D

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They were wearing it until 10 years ago. But it was swept from schools because of some perverts who saw it as sexual objects.

Source(s): a native Japanese
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Panty-like uniforms on guys. Now, close your eyes, picture that and then tell me that that wouldn't look at least a bit silly. The clothing styles between men and women are simply different. It's a cultural thing. The boys didn't come out of the womb thinking, "Man, don't want to wear those panty-like shorts in gym class." The girls didn't come out wanting to do it either. They were conditioned. That's what they wear because that is what they are expected to wear. The two sexes dress differently in most instances, or have you failed to notice that during your time on the planet thus far? It is not limited to Japan. NOTE: Also the boys have a 'bulge' that panty-like pants would tend to attenuate. Both unwanted and uncomfortable.

• binder
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Japanese Gym Uniform

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Japan gym uniform??

I see animes and the girls were like this bikini type bottoms for gym....do they actually were those in japan??

just curious,cuz why dont they just were shorts

Please and thank you =D

Source(s): japan gym uniform: https://shortly.im/oGZmc
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

They have mostly been phased out in the upper grades, but one thing you do still often see is upper-elementary schools students wearing something smnilar. What is going on there however is that often the parents buy these uniforms before the kids hit their growth spurt so many 5th and 6th graders are wearing the shorts that fit them in 3rd or 4rth grade because the uniforms can be very expensive.

• GD173
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Still sometimes see them in the countryside or small cities but most places have phased them out for something less revealing. Mainly just baggy shorts and T-shirts/Polo shirts now.

Source(s): Me
  • 1 decade ago

yes they do.coz even they dress those doesnt looks that much sexy..no worries all flat.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.