Help with severe infection after surgery alternative to antibiotics????

My sister had a cancerous tumor removed from her back in January. She has been in and out of the hospital with a severe infection at the surgery site. The doctors have tried all kinds of things and the invection keeps coming back. They can not finish treating the cancer (chemo/radiation) when the infection is... show more My sister had a cancerous tumor removed from her back in January. She has been in and out of the hospital with a severe infection at the surgery site. The doctors have tried all kinds of things and the invection keeps coming back. They can not finish treating the cancer (chemo/radiation) when the infection is still active. Is there any thing that she can take to strengthen her immune system??? We are at our witts end and are willing to try anything!!! If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thank you!!!!