Anonymous

Why is the president of world jewish congress interfering with a gas pipeline deal?

Between Iran and Switzerland Citing this would be bad for Israel and the US.

• Mandan
    Favorite Answer

It's his opinion.

Interfering, I DON'T THINK SO !!!

And just what is he doing other than expressing an opinion?

Oh, you mean this: "The president of the World Jewish Congress said Tuesday that Switzerland should cancel a multibillion-dollar contract to buy natural gas from Iran because the deal will strengthen an Islamic regime that is a threat to Israel and the U.S. Ronald Lauder said the deal signed during a trip by Swiss Foreign Minister Micheline Calmy-Rey to Tehran last month was disturbing because of Iran's hard-line president, who has called for the destruction of Israel.

Lauder also noted the deal comes at a time the U.N. Security Council has imposed sanctions on Iran in the international effort to secure safeguards on the suspect Iranian nuclear program."

Yeah, I'd like Switzerland to cancel it too. Maybe I'll "interfere" the same way... Oh, wait a minute--I don't have the power to hold a news conference.

In the same manner that Switzerland was neutral on the side of the Germans during WW2 to the great detriment of many Jews, there is valid concern that Switzerland's neutrality on the side of the Islamists and Palestinians will be of detriment to Israel, the Jews and the US. It is a simple extension of logic into the modern era.