What's a low cost yet good car insurance co in California(northern)?

I have a gas hog and I am trying to lower my bills since

the economy slump and I am trying to find if my car insurance

is high and if I should switch and to who I pay every six months

681.00.Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

Hi! I used to run a Body shop in Northern California (Alameda & Contra Costa County) and I always found the same insurance companies easy to work with from a reapair point of view, were State Farm, Progressive, Liberty Mutual, Geico and Farmers. Insurance holds true to the "You get what you pay for" I always found the hardest Insurance company to deal with was Allstate (never wanting to replace your car parts with new ones, only used and aftermarket - that never fit). Hope this helps!

To be honest, car insurance companies are really only concerned with the things you can't change. Age, gender and experience. If there was one thing about the car that might make a difference, I would go for price, and possibly engine size. A cheap car with low engine size will be a lot cheaper to insure than an pricier one with a large engine. What you have commented on regarding specific security factors are actually pretty much irrelavant. Another way you reduce your premium is to accept a higher excess. This means that when you have an accident and your insurance company arrange and pay for the repairs, you will contribute more money for the repair costs. You pay the excess only when you have a repair, so if you are willing to take the risk of having to pay a larger excess if you have a repair, then you will benefit from a lower premium. Bear in mind however that only some insurance companies will offer this flexibility, with others having only a fixed and non-negotiable excess.

• Buffy

I would recommend that you try this web page where onel can get quotes from different companies: http://cheapinsurancequotes1.info/index.html?src=3...

RE :What's a low cost yet good car insurance co in California(northern)?

681.00.Thanks in advance.

Follow

681.00.Thanks in advance.

Follow

Source(s): I would recommend that you try this web page where onel can get quotes from different companies: http://cheapinsurancequotes1.info/index.html?src=3...

Try Progressive, they have very competative rates in California. Plus if they can't beat your current premium then they offer to do comparison rates and tell you if you any other company can offer better rates.

I always thought that was a line of BS, but then I worked for Progressive for about a year and a half and it's legit. They'll straight tell you if somebody else is cheaper. They won't match the premium, but they'll tell you if the other company is cheaper.

Source(s): Previously worked for Progressive and was licensed to sell insurance in California.