I am going for basic training next week I like to know what are the essentials that I need to take?

I know the obvious of what no to take which is phone and electronic devices, but I need to know what to take? I read that I could only take one pair of pants and one shirt and two underwears. What do they expect for you to buy everything at the base. Could I take books? If you have been in the same road I have been... show more I know the obvious of what no to take which is phone and electronic devices, but I need to know what to take? I read that I could only take one pair of pants and one shirt and two underwears. What do they expect for you to buy everything at the base. Could I take books? If you have been in the same road I have been I greatly appreciated if you could provide me with a detail answer of what to expect and the things that I could take. Immediate attention is appreciated in advanced.