tips on toilet training?

i am trying to toilet train my 2 yr old daughter. does anyone have any useful tips or advise that worked for them?

Favorite Answer

Encouragement and verbal rewards mean everything in potty training. My daughter was fascinated by the toilet and what I did on it so I researched on amazon and found a super sturdy stool with sides for the toilet. http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Child-Corporation-TPS-...

She was tickled with her new access to the real toilet and she felt totally stable and secure. My daughter loved being independent and doing things on her own so this really worked for her.

Toilet training can be as easy or as hard as you make it. My daughter started training independently at 18 months and was in regular underwear by 24 months. My son on the other hand took till 2 years 9 months to be completely trained. I would say be positive!! Positive reinforcement, PRAISE, candy, sticker, toys, whatever your daughter loves. For my son it was two peanut M&M's. For him it was a huge deal since I don't keep candy in the house. I have found that when the child has an "accident" it is better to limit what you say, for instance don't berate them or make them feel bad. I would say nothing at all while I cleaned them up. Just remember to be felxable...you don't see many 15 year olds wearing diapers ;~)

Try, Try and try again.

Some kids are not ready right away. Don't force her or make it into something that she HAS to do. Save that for when she's 3. At 2 they are really just starting to understand boundaries and really do not have total control over their body functions.

Just keep her interested in the potty. Let her see you going to the potty. Ask her many times during the day if she wants to go. Eventually she'll be going potty like a pro. Just don't rush her or she'll become defiant about it and the whole process will be that much harder.

:o)

I know you probably think your puppy is the most adorable thing on the planet, but I've raised several puppies and the thing I've learned is to not be afraid of discipline. Dogs are not children and do not learn by being spoken to. If the dog leaves a "present" for you in the house, punish it by putting it's nose in it's own waste (I know, it's gross but it works) then if you are going to hit it, use a rolled up newspaper or magazine and slap it's nose. Don't smack it so hard that the dog is afraid to come near you ever again, but don't be so light so that the dog thinks you're playing with it. Send an "if then" message to the dog. It'll learn that pooping on the floor is equivalent to being hit with a magazine/newspaper. The benefit of using a magazine or newspaper is that the dog does not see that it's your hand that commands the paper. They are then afraid of only the paper and not of you, therefore any time you grab the paper, it'll know what's coming. Good Luck!

First off let me tell the sillys before me most girls by 2 are potty trained if not they are pottyed trained at 2 so yeah. now for tips first off make it a big exicting deal ya know your a big girl now if she dose what she supose to give her some treat afterwards have her go with you to store to pick with ya to pick out her undaware no pull ups they hold a kid back. Ya know ya take her were they got the kids unware and let her pick out the 1's she likes and then you find them in her size let her carry them to check out and if ya think she'd be willing to give the money to the cashier let her pay for them it really makes them feel good about it.And sence she is just starting potty training diapers are ok at nite if ya want.

Source(s): hope i helped and good luck.
  • June R

If you feel anxious, that's the worst thing, because your daughter will pick up on it and it could become a battle of the wills. Be prepared to stop training for a few weeks if you're not making any progress. If they like praise, be a cheerleader (but not too loud) and keep your sense of humour. Best of luck.

try sitting her on the kiddie potty and talk her and tell her this is what you do

• KitKat

let the kid develop on her own, never punish, and relax.