Johnny G asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

Best way to deal with disrespectful baseball team kids?

I'm an asst. coach for a youth baseball team, ages 13-16 & we have a few of the kids who are unruly & disrespectful. During the games they want to cut up & horseplay in the dugout. Me & the other coaches tell them over & over to keep quiet, stop the horseplaying & focus on the game. As soon as we turn around, they're rolling their eyes, pointing & laughing behind our backs. They think everything's a joke & show a total disrespect for the coaches.

Any suggestions as to the best way to handle this? I've considered a heated lecture, speaking with their parents, & making them run, run & run some more at practice.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Kick them off the team. That's the only action that will have an impact. Talking to the parents is useless; where do you that lack of respect comes from?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Kick them off the team or suspend them and make it a requirement that they write an essay about sportsmanship and courteous conduct.

Even if you don't intend to actually READ what they write, it'll send a message to them AND their parents, unless the parents are totally brain-dead.

• 1 decade ago

well the best thing to do would probably make them run... and if that doesn't work then suspend them for a while and if they really love the game i'm sure they will change their minds and start listening to you

• 1 decade ago

Learn how to act like a "Real Man". If there were such a thing as a "Real Role Model" anywhere

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.