What is a stay at home mom worth?

I have come across a few articles that attempt to estimate how much the stay at home mom job is worth. Most are atleast twice the per capita income. I see some reaching to 140k/year. Don't get me wrong it is worth something, but these numbers are grossly exaggerated. They base this on a number of jobs that are... show more I have come across a few articles that attempt to estimate how much the stay at home mom job is worth. Most are atleast twice the per capita income. I see some reaching to 140k/year. Don't get me wrong it is worth something, but these numbers are grossly exaggerated. They base this on a number of jobs that are a real stretch for what moms actually do, and there is a lot of overlap. Like CEO and teacher. Come on, CEO of 2 kids, sounds like a teacher to me. In any case, they seem to leave out the fact that they are her kids also, so shouldn't she be responsible for 50% of the bill? Lets not forget that she also lives rent free, gets free food, clothing, furniture, car, etc, etc. The closest job to a mom is a live in nanny, and they don't usually make more than 40k. Just wanted to know what others think about it.
Update: What I have a problem with is how that all these estimates is just a big fight because men make more money, and the homemaker does not make any. So they tack on all these additional titles. If she answers the phone that counts as secretary work. If she vacuums the house and does the dishes that counts as 2 full... show more What I have a problem with is how that all these estimates is just a big fight because men make more money, and the homemaker does not make any. So they tack on all these additional titles. If she answers the phone that counts as secretary work. If she vacuums the house and does the dishes that counts as 2 full time cleaners? I mean come on. I wish I could get a job where someone would pay me 140k to look after my kids and clean my own house. live rent free, all expenses paid. Work from home, etc etc. Plus if you quit or get fired (divorce) you get a pension (alimony). It might be a lot of work taking care of kids, cooking, and cleaning the house. But there are a lot of perks.
Update 2: I just have to say that I appreciate what moms do. I know it is not a walk in the park as it is often portrayed. I just find it offensive for stay at home moms to think their husbands are worth less than half. I wanted to see how many moms actually believed in this number. Apparently it is quite high, thats too... show more I just have to say that I appreciate what moms do. I know it is not a walk in the park as it is often portrayed. I just find it offensive for stay at home moms to think their husbands are worth less than half. I wanted to see how many moms actually believed in this number. Apparently it is quite high, thats too bad. The rising divorce rate is making more sense in my mind. There should be a homemaker and a breadwinner working as a team, not competing over who is worth more.