Anonymous

Views on Detroit?

What are your views on ppl from Detroit?

Favorite Answer

Madonna is not from Detroit. My mother grew up with her and her sister and brother in Rochester, MI which is a northern, wealthy suburb of Detroit. Kid Rock and Eminem are not from Detroit either, just so you know....Kid Rock grew up in a little town called Romeo, and his dad owns a car dealership there. Eminem is from Warren, and although not in great shape either, it's not Detroit,

The PEOPLE of Detroit...that's a touchy topic. I'm going to generalize and say the people of Detroit just don't care. When I drive through town I just think about how awesome the city could be, and how it was back in its prime. It has so much potential to be a great Midwestern city, like Chicago, but again the people just don't care one way or another. Not many people are willing to put in the money, work, or time to do what needs to be done to give the city a well-overdue facelift. It's PRIME waterfront property, which is at a premium in the world, and Detroit is just sitting there, rotting on it.

Most of the people I've ever encoutered in Detroit are very rude, the only time they are at all courteous is if their job depends on your money or a tip.

Just my opinion, not meant to be taken in any way but my opinion.

I have been there a couple of times b/c i have family from toledo, oh, and i think detroit is like 45-1 hour away. Anyways, whenever i want to go there ( i like the shopping), they all act like it's the worst place on earth and as soon as you enter the city you will get mugged, lol. I don't think of it this way, i think detroit has alot to offer (shopping, pistons, tigers, lions, red wings, concerts, festivals, clubbing, car shows). Every big city is high in crime, just depends on the area your in. I do think detroit has a rep of being overly infested with crime.

B.S not every big city is high in crime like Detroit. New York City for example is one of the safest big cities in the the country.

My views on people from Detroit are the same as people from Dearborn, Redford, Taylor, etc. We all live in Michigan: The high five state.

• .*.

I don't have an opinion on the ppl from that area, simply because i don't know anyone from there, sry!

Hey, well Eminem is from Detroit, he sounds like a good guy! LOL

Source(s): I'm from Chicago! Midwest Love :)

The people are just fine--it's the environment in which they live that isn't so nice. As large American cities go, Detroit is about as undesirable as they come. It's a city that could learn a lot about being livable from Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Charlotte, Minneapolis, Honolulu--even Boston!

well currently living in the southeast, and when see a mi plate, it's like..errr

i've been and have friends/family in area, mostly ann arbor or dexter..

crime is crime, and tho, not horrible there, it exists enuff to be blamed on blacks gd arn it.

full of ex slaves from south that made it to the north..then had family.

It ain't Houston,TX and y'all don't have the Rockets

i dont know...never been there and dont know anyone from there

<is from bmore!

Well Madonna's from there and she's the bomb.