Joe C asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 decade ago

car crash music?

when a car crashes, why does the radio turn off? does it ever stay on?

Favorite Answer

Some new cars will automatically disconnect power to the vehicle, to reduce the safety hazard it could pose to rescue crews. In vehicles with OnStar, I would expect the stereo to turn off so that emergency services can contact you through the OnStar system.

On other cars, it may be because the engine has shut off, and the battery has been damaged.

On the newer vehicles if the engine is still running the radio will stay on but if the engine stops all of the power will shut off because of safety reasons that are built in.....

Source(s): 923

properly this is the element... In 2002, i couldn'tchronic. i grew to become into 9 years previous. So i might have sat interior the backseat, all youthful and epically spectacular with my Lizzie Maguire soundtrack, together as my mom crashed the motor vehicle by way of fact she have been given a foul headache from the song. *facepalm*