Can parents force minors to take birth contol?

I am still a minor. I am not having sex nor doing anything that would make my parents think that i am having sex but they want me on birth control. I dont want to because in the past i have taken it and tried many different types and they all made me sick. I guess my step dad doesn't understand the fact that they make me sick. He says that he is going to stop paying for my car and everything like that, which is not a big deal because i can do that but he just wants to run my life, Does he have any rights since he is just my step dad? Can they force me to take birth control? can you give me a website that shows the info if you know of one

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    No, they cannot force you.

    I can understand somewhat what they are thinking. If you are sexually active they are responsible for you and a kid until you are 18. You have been on other birth control but it makes you sick. Have you tried the IUD. It's very effective and doesn't contain hormones that may make you queasy.

    There has to be a reason for them to push the issue, usually parents don't want to put their kids on birth control, they don't want to know or have to think about their kids being sexually active. There must be a different side of the story.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    1.) It is your body and no one can force you to take birth control, including your parents or step-parents.

    2.) Your stepfather does not have to pay for your car or other expenses over and above your care as a dependent, such as housing, food, clothing, & medical costs.

    3.) If your stepfather wants you to choose between accepting birth control & having your car paid for, then you'll have to make that choice.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Yes, they can.... the best bet would be birth control shots, that way they know you got it vs pills that you could chuck.

    Your alternative is to move out and get declared an emancipated minor and make your own decisions.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.