Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

best book?

i need to start reading more than just magazines. lol what are good books for an almost freshmen in highschool that are either

1.SCARY!

2.Enviermental stuff

3.Food wise(like about veagan/vegaterian/how restrants are bad ect...)

4.mystery

5.realistic fiction(about a character who does drugs or got raped of somethin.)

books i have read and liked (recantly)

1.the Crank series

2. The a-list sereis

3.Copper Sun by Sharon Draper

thanks!!!

Favorite Answer

This is a list of MYSTERY writers. You can find titles for each at the website below. Start with Doyle, Christie, and Evanovich.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie, Margery Allingham, Linwood Barclay, M. C. Beaton, Steve Berry, Sandra Brown, Gwendoline Butler, Stella Cameron, Raymond Chandler, Lee Child, Mary Higgins Clark, Michael Connelly, Patricia Cornwall, Catherine Coulter, Robert Crais, Paul Doherty, Barry Eisler, Janet Evanovich, Joanne Fluke, Dick Francis, Margaret Frazer, Lisa Gardner, Anne George, Elizabeth George, Tess Gerritsen, Sue Grafton, Andrew Greeley, John Grisham, Dashiell Hammett, John Hart, Maddy Hunter, P. D. James, Faye Kellerman, Dean Koontz, Gordon Korman, Patricia Lewin, Ross MacDonald, Sharyn McCrumb, Ngaio Marsh, Mary E. Martin, Brad Meltzer, Stuart Palmer, Robert B. Parker, James Patterson, Richard North Patterson, Ridley Pearson, Ellis Peters, Ian Rankin, J. D. Robb, Dorothy L. Sayers, Daniel Silva, Karin Slaughter, Alexander McCall Smith, Marilyn Todd, Peter Tremayne, Margaret Truman, Patricia Wentworth, and Steven White.

• Ammy

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson

Tangerine by Edward Bloor

Ransom of Mercy Carter by Caroline B. Cooney

House of Dies Drier by Virginia Hamilton

Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison and the other books in the series.

Oh my goodness there are so many!!! OK, I am just finishing my freshman year and so far this year I read only realistic fiction and I LOVED

1. Godless (it is amazing and powerful and WOW)

2. The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl (it is hillarious and serious and it might've made me cry. I don't remember if it did or not.)

3. Shabanu (it was a class assignment and I was the only one who liked it)

those are just my top three... If you read them, let me know how you like them!!!

i don't know if you've heard of it, but the bible by god is the all-time bestseller everyone is talking about.

if you like that one also check out harry potter. i'd read all the books before you watch the movies though. also, they might have to get a new main actor since the guy they'd been using got a little older and started getting into pornographic movies.

Anything by Jodi Picoult, especially The Pact,

Anything by Sarah Dessen

Speak was good

and my one fool proof book that has never earned anything but praise from the people I've forced it on,

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

A book to learn to spell.

I love all of Meg Cabot and Sophie Kinsella's books. I am in the process of reading Emily Giffins books now. They are really great authors.

Flavor of the Week, What Mr. Mattero Did, any book by Karen Kingsbury (i.e. even now, ever after (sequel), like dandelion dust)

WEll I love Walk two moons! And I have also liked the series of unfortunate events. But try From the day I was born... So scary! :O

• Pink

any Anne Rice books like

Interview with vampire is really really good. they also made a movie with it that came out in 1994 and they still sell it. i bought it not to long ago at target and its really good. it has brad pitt, tom cruise, antonio bandarese, kirsten dunst

but yeah that book is awsoe just like the movie so you should check them both out.

and you should try twilight, its a big fantasy book with vampires also and its just really really good!!!!!