Are you for or against assisted suicide?

There is a bill going through the California legislature looking to legalize assisted suicide for terminally ill patients with less than 6 months to live. If you don't know much about the subject, please don't bother answering.

Favorite Answer

For it. It's heartbreaking to see someone in so much pain and there is nothing you can do for them further. So many circumstances wherein a person cannot be further helped medically, I'd say it's in the person's best interest if they believe it is the only way. Besides, if the person wants to die badly enough, they will kill themselves, so why not have a Physician assisted suicide to make it quicker and less painful?

Absolutely I support assisted suicide. Whether to live or die is one of the most personal decisions any sentient organism can ever make. If a terminally ill patient has found someone willing to assist in the procedure, then I see no reason it should be illegal.

Well, I'm not ready for the lethal cocktail myself, but I'm in favor of allowing patients who QUALIFY to be allowed to end their lives.

I think it's important to realize that assisted suicide is not made available to people who are only moderately ill - the people who qualify for AS are EXTREMELY SICK, are clearly not going to recover, and who are in such awful shape that their lives are completely miserable. Often they are at risk of choking or dying in a frightful manner.

While some people may invoke their religion and say that "the patient must endure their penance" to absolve them of some kind of "sin", etc, that is, IMO, none of their business - not everybody believes that, and they should not be forced to endure a living Hell in order to satisfy someone else's religious need to interfere.

if the ill person and their famies are ready to let go, then by all means, end their suffering. I'll bet anyone on the legislature would sing a different tune if they were the ones in chronic pain. So stupid.

If someone is going to die, and their condition is deemed medically beyond assistance, what is the point of making them suffer through worse pain than you have or likely ever will experience? There's no benefit. Let them die with dignity.

I support it.

im against it...there are pain medicines people can take..Let God do the deed it is His job...get ready for my thumbs down