Jefferson Airplane?

Hey guys. I know everyone hates when students ask for help on projects, but this one is kinda fun and I'm doing research of my own too. I would like some obscure and not-so-well-known info on the band plus their history and what bands the members were in afterwards. please don't paste from another site, but... show more Hey guys. I know everyone hates when students ask for help on projects, but this one is kinda fun and I'm doing research of my own too. I would like some obscure and not-so-well-known info on the band plus their history and what bands the members were in afterwards. please don't paste from another site, but links are definitely ok. didn't jefferson airplane change its name to jefferson rocketship? info like that is helpful.

thanks folks =)
Update: thanks everyone so far for your answers!! choosing best answer will be super hard =) y'all are so helpful =) thanks