Pop artist you will hear on classic rock stations?

just wondering, i listen to classic rock stations when im at work. why is it at least 3/4 times a week you will here what i consider a pop artist's song on these stations. i usually hear deep purple, zz top,zeppelin,the who, you know the bands .then i hear elton john songs like leave on, bennie and the jets.... show more just wondering, i listen to classic rock stations when im at work. why is it at least 3/4 times a week you will here what i consider a pop artist's song on these stations. i usually hear deep purple, zz top,zeppelin,the who, you know the bands .then i hear elton john songs like leave on, bennie and the jets. not that i totally dislike elton, but wouldnt you consider him a pop artist with songs like "dont go breaking my heart", "danile","dont let the sun go down on me"..etc...maybe im wrong but it just makes me wonder why hes played on classic rock stations...

question.any other pop artists you hear on classic rock stations, or vise versa?
Update: JEM-102.5 WDVE is the station i am talking about. we listen to it hear at work. i work towards youngstown (ravenna ohio) thats what we listen to hear.

MCM- very true, although alot of his 70's stuff like daniel, crocadile rock. i dont consider classic rock..good list of bands!!!!
Update 2: PERSEPHONE- happy tuesday to you also..good to hear from ya... i keep hearing crappy stuff like tool. (gotcha, just kidding) you know i like tool...
Update 3: JAMES-thanks, ill give it a listen to.
Update 4: GK DUB-i agree 100%..havent heard from ya in a while. good to hear from you..tell every one hello..
Update 5: SILVER ROSE WOLF-at least they didnt seel out to disco. like a lot of other bands did in the late 70's. (cough,cough. like kiss did)
Update 6: sdmf4u20- hello, havent heard from ya in a while.. ive heard "lets go crazy" on a classic rock station before...
Update 7: PAULIE-i love simple minds. i hear them all the time. maybe its because i play there greatest hits over and over . i love sanctify yourself,alive and kicking, all the things she said....i can go on and on about simple minds. (dont you) forget about me remains my favorite 80's pop song to this day.
Update 8: DEB2RULE-hello, how ya been?
Update 9: DARTH- great list l.o.l. ive been pi$$ed off afew times where i wanted to call the station..ofcourse its always after a few jack on the rocks beverages..