POLL: So how do you think they get those little ships into the bottles?

35 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

HONEY,i shrunk the crew!

my dad used to make them,they are built and mast etc lay flat,ship slides into bottle and other bits are raised and glued,its very tiny finger work and you need to be very patient,best not to drink whilst doing this!my dad almost drank a boat! yikes!

• Linda
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The ship in a bottle is a traditional type of impossible bottle. Other common objects used include matchboxes, decks of cards, tennis balls, racketballs, Rubik's cubes, padlocks, knots and scissors. In nearly every impossible bottle, the object inside has been carefully disassembled and reassembled inside the bottle. For example, to get a deck of cards inside a bottle, the empty box is first rolled up and inserted, followed by each card one at a time. Using some long forceps and other tools, everything can be put back together again and the result is something that looks impossible to one who does not know the secret. Also, objects may be inserted into a bottle whose neck is initially wide enough to accommodate them, and then with glass-blowing techniques the neck is made smaller than the objects.

• 1 decade ago

Ship seeds

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Now that would be telling.

OK don't tell anyone else I told you this , they have a magic ship crew the size of a pin and they build it inside the bottle.

(Shh you did not hear this from me)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You build it OUTSIDE the bottle... the masts are rigged to lay FLAT, and the boat is slid into the bottle and affixed to the water (typically plaster). The masts are then RAISED by pulling a thread (sheet)... the masts fall into their holes (steps), and the thread is glued to the bowsprit.

• rida
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

they make ship inside the bottles using sticks

• Foxie
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Arn't they flat when the push em in then pull a bit of string and it pulls the ship up into place?

• Knarf
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

The masts and sails are collapsed and spring up when an action is performed such as a string is pulled etc.

• 1 decade ago

build a little collapsible ship, then insert and pull with a string to make it stand up. Wal-lah!

• 1 decade ago

They are constructed, piece by piece, inside the bottle.

In a cheats way they cut the base off the bottle and refasten it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.