Do the benefits outweigh the risks? What would you do?

I am pregnant and I also have BiPolar disorder. I was diagnosed in January after trying to commit suicide in November and getting out of the hospital right before Christmas. I have since been on lithium, seroquel, and zoloft. Lithium has been known to cause severe heart defects in fetuses and also thyroid... show more I am pregnant and I also have BiPolar disorder. I was diagnosed in January after trying to commit suicide in November and getting out of the hospital right before Christmas. I have since been on lithium, seroquel, and zoloft. Lithium has been known to cause severe heart defects in fetuses and also thyroid defects. Seroquel has been known to cause defects in pregnant animals but they dont have enough research from humans. I went to see my Psychiatrist because I have gone off my meds and wanted something safer. He told me to go back on them that the benefits to me outweigh the risks. I dont believe that the benefits outweigh what it could do to my unborn baby. Do you think I am right or wrong? What would you do? PLEASE HELP by giving me your opinions.
7 answers 7