ak6702
ak6702 asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Will Wright make the Mighty "O" un-electable?

The Might "O" must be cringing.He knows he's done in by his own "Spritual Mentor".

Favorite Answer

That is a very real possibility.

Whether Obama and his supporters like it or not, Obama's 20 year relationship with this guy will hurt him if Wright gets out of control.

People do judge by association.

Well it makes me wonder why Wright is doing all of these interviews. I thought the one with Bill Moyer was good and showed a favorable view of Rev. Wright, but others that I have heard about don't seem to be doing that. Makes me wonder what is going on in the minds of both men. Does Wright think he is helping Obama? Does Obama think that Wright's interview will help Obama? Is Wright shooting Obama in the foot? Is Wright to Obama what Bill is to Hillary?

I never thought that I would get tired of all of this election stuff.. but after hearing on the news something that sounded like McCain practically calling Obama a capitalist.. I said, "Oh hell. Just let all 3 of them put their name in a hat and let Bob Barker just pull one out and that will be the winner." And the money the government saves on the elections can help to balance the budget or give more rebate money to those who make less than $40,000.00 a year... like me.

I don't think Wright makes the "Mighty O" un-electable. It's Obama who makes himself un-electable. Wright preaches his venom but it's Obama's self-will that sat in this church week after week listening to it. He could have left but choose to stay because he agrees with Wright.

Wright is such a bigot that he's even lactose intolerant. But I don't think it will end up hurting Obama all that much in the long run.

Certainly not with Party Leadership. Everybody in politics has embarassing friends. There are certain people that you need to be in good with no matter how crazy they are.

Definitely not with African American voters. African Americans have a code of silence as strong as the one cops have. They don't criticize each other, so they know that Obama can't step away from Wright.

It will hurt him with White Voters for a while. But, like the massive circus surrounding Zippergate, the worst people could dig up turned out to be lame. And, like Bill Clinton, Obama will emerge more popular than ever. Especially when the skeletons start coming out of McCain's closet.

McCain is breathing easy now. He's not getting negative coverage. On the down side, he's hardly getting any coverage at all. Which means that all the negatives will hit too close to Election Day to counter in time. And, the absence of Republican Primary action means McCain is not getting the airtime needed to buff up his image.

You guys don't get it. Wright thinks what he's doing is more important than what Obama's doing. I think he believes that only religion can change America not politics. He says he wants change but he clearly addresses the issue by being combative and confrontational, rather than Obama's approach which is change by unity and forward thinking.

Clearly he's not Obama's political mentor...It's clear that Obama gets his religion from Wright ( hence spiritual mentor), not his politics. Wright's anti-government all the way.

Actually, no! Obama actually got more white blue collar workers in Pennsylvania (the "bitter" comments and Wright controversy had already occurred by this time) than in Ohio (the Ohio primary happened before Wright or the bitter thing). He was expected to lose in both states.

Most of the PA voters said they didn't care about Wright. If this is any indication of the rest of the country then I think I underestimated the intelligence of US voters. If you don't vote for Obama, then let it be because you disagree with his policies.

All of this mudslinging and personal "controversies" on both candidates' sides is absolutely baffling. We're in the midst of a financial crises and we NEED to hear the issues! Our economy is in the gutter and we need a candidate with an economic policy that will propel us out of this trough. Who that candidate is? I'm not exactly sure yet because the media has been so concerned with Bosnia and former pastors ...

He already has. He wants to be in the lime light. DId you know that money from ciggerittes sales in U.S(espically on Indian Reservations) is funding al Qaeda? I am trippin'.

• willd

I'm no Obamabot, but I do find what Wright's doing right now ... the suspicious timing of it ... the way he's not backing down from his statements ... joking about being Obama's VP ... and trying to tell everyone that Obama hasn't even distanced himself at all ... it's all really bizarre to me.

Getting back to the point ... Obama's been unelectable for quite some time now... despite Rev Wright's comeback ...

I don't wanna sound like some lame conspiracy theorist either, but it almost feels like Wright is out to "get" Obama.

No. God did that, by making Obama show his true colors...shame for Obama God prefers the truth to a lie, just like American voters.

If Obama proves unelectable, I think it will be due to the right's successful use of the race card.

They've accused him of racism at every turn, without justification in my opinion. While simultaneously declaring their belief that he would play the race card on them at some point, complaining in advance about how unfair they thought that would be.

There is a great deal of white racism in the US, even today, and I think the republicans are doing their best to harness the power of that sentiment.

If Wright had never existed, they would have simply attacked his wife, or some other associate of no relevance to his campaign.