Living near gas turbine power plant?

Hi, The ACT government is planning to build a gas fired power plant within 1km of a residential area. The 'study' has shown that there will no fumes to smell, no health effects and no noise above background noise. I would like to hear from people who live near gas turbine power plants - is the above really... show more Hi, The ACT government is planning to build a gas fired power plant within 1km of a residential area. The 'study' has shown that there will no fumes to smell, no health effects and no noise above background noise. I would like to hear from people who live near gas turbine power plants - is the above really possible?
Update: Yeh the 'Hume' cover up has worked a treat!
Update 2: How noisey is background noise in Las Vegas. While here it is stated as 38db but in reality it is about 10?. There is nothing to hear at night. What is your guesstimate of real db North Las Vegas?