Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 decade ago

can overdose on antidepressants kill you?????????

and how much would you consider an overdose???

Update:

and if it said take 2 pills and you take 5 what would that do???????

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Patients are among the growing statistics of people who committed suicide, or tried to commit suicide, while undergoing treatment with prescription antidepressants. Antidepressant drugs such as Prozac, Luvox and Paxil are selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, commonly known as SSRIs. Serotonin is one of your brain's most important biochemicals; it controls everything from appetite to mood swings. If you're depressed, compulsively eating or gambling, not sleeping properly or even just moody, you're probably lacking serotonin. It's important to note, however, that you can also have too much serotonin. So yes. You very well can overdose. And how much will it take? I bet that would depend on you. everyone is different. so weaker people might overdose a little easier than people with a stronger ammune system. If you want to read more, I went to this web site: http://www.naturalnews.com/019342.html

i hope this helps..

• Login to reply the answers
  • xoxo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I don't understand why you would need to take more than double of the dose that is recommended for you to take. It will not have any more positive effects on you or cause you to feel any less depressed. All that overdosing on medication can do is seriously mess up your body or even cause you to die. If overdosing does not end up fatal, then you can seriously damage your organs and cause them to not work properly. Why would you ever want to do something like that for yourself? Living in pain is no fun. If you plan on overdosing for fatal reasons, then I really think that you should seek some help. Talk to someone you trust about issues in life that may be bothering you and about why you feel that way.

• 1 decade ago

Yes!!! Antidepressants if not taken in the correct dosage prescriped by your doctor can kill you.

• 1 decade ago

Yes because they are just like drigs because if it is medicine then yeah an overdose then the prescriped type

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes it can! Just like any legal or illegal drug any overdose of anything can kill you

• 1 decade ago

yes. just like other drugs and prescriptions, too much will kill you. take the dosage and the dosage only.

• Stacy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It would probably just get you very sick. Don't do it. make somebody happy I know you can

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

more than the reccomended dosage

and if you take too much more, then yeah, i think it can

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.