I'm trying to find the name of a book I read years ago.......?

At least, I think I read it, or maybe I dreamt it! It was about a man who lived in a town where the streets changed overnight. Each day a map had to be bought from a special shop so you would know where everything was, including the shops in order to buy the map for the next day. If you didn't manage to get a map before the shop shut you wouldn't be able to find anything the following morning. There was a Chimera that came and roamed the streets at night.

That's all I can remember, not sure if it was in a collection of short stories or a book in itself. Am starting to wonder if I drank too much Thunderbirds in my teens and imagined this one after a particularly good night out.

It's driving me nuts so if you know what I'm talking about and can enlighten me further please save my last shreds of sanity.

If no one knows, I'm becoming a novelist...watch out for me on Amazon........!!!

Favorite Answer

I never heard of that story before, but the greatest people that we have or see in our days are because of their ideas that they got in their dreams. If it is not a real book than write it. I got a dream once, it was very very weird but they included that dream in a movie called Airport.... it is Russian but they liked my dream. So can't help ya on that one, but I am preety sure it will be a great book.

• sounds like the movie DArk City...but not sure about the book...sounds pretty weird though. I would probably dig it. This question gets a star...hope someone knows the answer. I want to read it, now.

• DEBS A

not read this book myself but it sounds quite good - would like to read if you do find the title

Oh god, I wish I could help you, that books sounds really good.

interesting storyline, I hope someone comes up with the answer , want to read it.

i think i heard of it but i can't remember the name or i dreamt it like you

Dunno - but I want to place an advance order for when you write it - sounds really good!