I'm trying to find the name of a book I read years ago.......?

At least, I think I read it, or maybe I dreamt it! It was about a man who lived in a town where the streets changed overnight. Each day a map had to be bought from a special shop so you would know where everything was, including the shops in order to buy the map for the next day. If you didn't manage to get... show more At least, I think I read it, or maybe I dreamt it! It was about a man who lived in a town where the streets changed overnight. Each day a map had to be bought from a special shop so you would know where everything was, including the shops in order to buy the map for the next day. If you didn't manage to get a map before the shop shut you wouldn't be able to find anything the following morning. There was a Chimera that came and roamed the streets at night.

That's all I can remember, not sure if it was in a collection of short stories or a book in itself. Am starting to wonder if I drank too much Thunderbirds in my teens and imagined this one after a particularly good night out.

It's driving me nuts so if you know what I'm talking about and can enlighten me further please save my last shreds of sanity.
Update: If no one knows, I'm becoming a novelist...watch out for me on Amazon........!!!