F*INC.
F*INC. asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Assisted Suicide: Should it be decrimanlized in California?

Assisted Suicide- Should it be decrimanlized in California?

im arguing for assisted suicide(people should have the right to die if they want to, or kill themselves if they want to)

i need some sites or sources that can help me with my arguement

thanks so much!!!

its for an English paper

what are some good examples too?

Favorite Answer

I am sorry I don't know any good sites, but I do agree that assisted suicide should be legal in most places. People who are pretty much dead (like lying on a bed just waiting to die) should be able to die if that's what their hearts desire. One should not be able to keep people alive if they don't want to.

The argument is different if the people who want to kill themselves are not terminally ill and bedridden.

If someone wants to kill themselves they can. There is no need for anyone to assist in that.

If you are arguing for suicide there isn't a law against it. But standing next to your loved one or allowing someone to inject your loved one with something just because they would rather be murdered than commit suicide is goofy to me.

You don't get to pick the day you were born and you shouldn't pick the day you die. Nature should do that for you. If you wake up again then you are given another day even if it is in pain.

Source(s): I have my own personal reasons for this opinion that are too long to share. Good luck with your project.

Assisted suicide is murder, should look into a law book. If they made assisted suicide legal, lawyers would get their sick murder clients off the hook just that much easier.

I do think of it shoud be criminal. to declare a individual has 6 months left to stay is probable the incorrect standards. I artwork for Hospice and human beings would desire to requalify for Hospice each and every 6 months and the factors is they might desire to have six months or much less to stay. i comprehend people who've greater wholesome that common for years. human beings concept the there could be a hurry of folk to pass to Oregon while they gave terminally unwell human beings the the ultimate option to die. There wasn't. I watch my grandma die a sluggish painful dying and that i do no longer choose that on everybody. If she had the prospect to die a much less painful way i might have wanted her to take it. i do no longer comprehend human beings say it rather is inhumane to enable your animal go through, yet human beings are not getting that specific same admire. i think of if there are a minimum of two medical doctors that agree that the affected person is terminally unwell and has 6 months or much less to stay and a psychological greater wholesome then specific they might desire to. i think of that in the event that they do no longer look to be mentally competant then no, no one else could have the skill to make that determination for them.

As Jesus Says.."i'm Not Touching That With a 50 Foot Pole"

• Jeanne

Sitting motionless in a wheelchair drooling and unable to recognize any family, or eat on their own....go to the toilet on their own, and are drugged for pain....every day....these people are not living. And if they choose to die...they should have the wherewithall to do it. Costs money to keep them in this horrible state. Is that what it is really about.? Making money? Sure looks like it.

It is against the Law of God and Man to take a life - your own or some one else's . We all here for a reason - and since God brought us into the world He alone should be the One to take us out.

In other words " Thou Shalt Not Kill"

Only in California because it is Godless and filled with too many low-lifes anyway - good riddance!

I think if it's humane to put your pet to sleep because it's quality of life has declined due to an incurable illness, then we should be able to make the same choice for our own lives.

Yes, in fact I think it should be made compulsory.